Steps For Planning and Wedding
Wedding Planning Timeline
Are you interested in steps for planning a wedding? Here is a simple wedding planning timeline. The list is written as a timeline for someone who has between 6 ?? 12 months left until the big day. However, if you have more or less time you will need to adjust this timeline appropriately. While it may not be mandatory to follow a checklist for steps for planning a wedding, it is wise to make sure everything is being arranged.
Pamela Kazmierczak (owner of wedding-planning-101.com) is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees through advertising and linking to amazon.com.
On my pages you will find text links and photo links to amazon products as well as other programs I am an affiliate of. I also use other forms of advertising such as google adsense.
If you click to add or purchase an item through a link, I might earn a commission.
6 to 12 Months Before Your Wedding
- Announce Your Engagement to Everyone Else.
- Determine the number of guests you can invite.
- Send out Save the Date cards or magnets. (Of course when looking at steps for planning a wedding this is optional, but if you can afford the extra cost, it's a nice gesture.)
- Pick your wedding colors and / or wedding theme.
- Pick out your wedding ceremony site.
- Reserve your wedding ceremony site.
- Talk to the officiant and see if there is mandatory counseling or anything else that needs to be done. If there is time to schedule all events now so you will not neglect to do so and have to try to fit it in before the wedding.
- Choose your wedding reception site and reserve it for your wedding day.
- If the reception site does not provide catering service, choose, hire and reserve your caterer for your wedding day. You will also want to choose whether you are having a sit down served meal, family service (where large plates of food are placed on each table and they fit the food like a family dinner), or buffet service. Next you will need to choose what exactly your food selections are including main course, side dishes, fruit, cheese, crackers and any other extra desserts you may be offering.
- Choose a photographer and book your wedding date.
- Choose a videographer (if you are having one) and reserve your wedding date.
- Choose your florist and reserve your wedding date.
- Choose your DJ or Wedding Band and reserve your date.
- Choose your bakery, reserve your wedding date and find out when you want to place the final order. Inquire if they have taste testing available of different cake samples.
- Start shopping for wedding favors, wedding centerpieces and other accessories for the big day.
- Shop for your wedding gown.
- Shop for your bridesmaids gowns.
- Shop for accessories for you and the bridesmaids.
- Sign up for a Wedding Website service if you want to create a website documenting your engagement and wedding planning to share with your friends, family and other guests.
4 to 6 Months Before Your Wedding
- Set up Bridal Registries at one or more stores. (When thinking of steps for planning a wedding most brides and grooms consider this essential - decide what you will need to start your life together. If you really don't need anything, you might want to set up a way for your guests to give money to your favorite charity instead!)
- Make final decisions on your cake and place your order.
- Help with decision making on grooms clothing as well as groomsmen, and parents.
- Start picking out invitation styles and deciding on wording.
- Plan your honeymoon and make arrangements.
- Plan and / or attend your bridal shower.
2 to 4 Months Before Your Wedding
- Finalize and order wedding invitations.
- Plan the wedding rehearsal and rehearsal dinner.
- Research your state's guidelines for when to obtain the marriage license.
- Start planning for after marriage and research what you will have to do to change your marital status and last name.
- Catch up on any of the wedding tasks you've completed yet!
1 to 2 Months Before Your Wedding
- Have the final wedding dress fitting.
- Make sure your bridesmaids have had the final bridesmaid dress fittings.
- Mail out wedding invitations.
- Make appointments for hair, makeup and nails for yourself and your wedding party.
- Decide on seating arrangements at the wedding reception and design and make up seating cards.
1 Week Before Your Wedding
At this time you need to confirm everyone is ready for the wedding including:
- Hair / Makeup / Nails ?? confirm appointments
There you have it - simple steps for planning a wedding . Of course there is a little more detail involved in steps for planning a wedding, but that is why we provide you with all of the other articles and blog posts on this site. Let us know if you need any help with steps for planning a wedding or anything else!