Steps For Planning a Wedding
Are you interested in steps for planning a wedding? Here is a simple wedding planning timeline. The list is written as a timeline for someone who has between 6 12 months left until the big day. However, if you have more or less time you will need to adjust this timeline appropriately. Whereas it may not be mandatory to follow a checklist for steps for planning a wedding, it is wise to make sure everything is being arranged.
Wedding Planning Timeline
6 to 12 Months Before Your Wedding
- Set your Budget.
- Set Your Wedding Date.
- Tell your Parents.
- Announce Your Engagement to everyone else.
- Determine the number of guests you can invite.
- Send out Save the Date cards or magnets. (Of course when looking at steps for planning a wedding this is optional, but if you can afford the extra cost, it is a nice gesture.)
- Pick your wedding colors and/or wedding theme.
- Pick out your wedding ceremony site.
- Reserve your wedding ceremony site.
- Talk to the officiant and see if there is mandatory counseling or anything else that needs to be done. If there is take the time to schedule all events now so you will not neglect to do so and have to try to fit it in before the wedding.
- Choose your wedding reception site and reserve it for your wedding day.
- If the reception site does not provide catering service, choose, hire and reserve your caterer for your wedding day. You will also want to choose whether you are having a sit down served meal, family service (where large plates of food are placed on each table and they pass the food like a family dinner), or buffet service. Next you will need to choose what exactly your food selections are including main course, side dishes, fruit, cheese, crackers and any other extra desserts you may be offering.
- Choose a photographer and reserve your wedding date.
- Choose a videographer (if you are having one) and reserve your wedding date.
- Choose your florist and reserve your wedding date.
- Choose your DJ or Wedding Band and reserve your date.
- Choose your bakery, reserve your wedding date and find out when you will have to place the final order. Inquire if they have taste testing available of different cake samples.
- Start shopping for wedding favors, wedding centerpieces and other accessories for the big day.
- Shop for your wedding gown.
- Shop for your bridesmaids gowns.
- Shop you accessories for you and the bridesmaids.
- Sign up for a Wedding Website service, if you want to create a website documenting your engagement and wedding planning to share with your friends, family and other guests.
Looking For Wedding Ideas? Search This Site For What You Are Looking For!